Foynes Flying Boat & Maritime Museum!
Foynes Aviation and Maritime Museum, DAC. is a nonprofit charitable institution. We’re dedicated to preserving and telling the stories of:
- The pioneering days of aviation and passenger travel across the North Atlantic
- The rich maritime history of the River Shannon and the port of Foynes
- The local creation of Irish Coffee
The museum maintains and develops its collection by acquiring, holding in trust, interpreting, and preserving historically significant aeronautical and nautical objects for exhibitions, scholarly research, and lifelong learning programmes.
Our Efforts are
Guided by These Goals
- To create imaginative, engaging, and informative exhibits that introduce visitors to the many unique and remarkable stories housed in the museum
- To strengthen the museum’s role as an educational organisation
- To provide a centre for community activities, celebrations, and learning
- To promote greater public awareness of the Museum amenities
- To provide a specialist research service by continually developing, documenting, and promoting our archive collection
Frequently Asked Questions
How You Can Help
Donate to the Museum
In 1989, our patron Maureen O’Hara cut the red ribbon to officially open our museum. We are proud of our achievements since those early days and look forward to many more successful years ahead. Thanks to everyone for their support over the years.